Skip to main content

This two storey, half timbered house, designed by C T Natusch and Sons and known as ‘Shalimar’, was built for D W Strang c1903.

In 1925 it was purchased by the New Zealand Sheepowners’ Acknowledgment of Debt to British Seaman Fund and the home was run as the ‘Girls Flock House’. It was taken over by the Women’s Division of the Farmers’ Union in 1939, renamed ‘Kainga Moe’ and used as a rest home and domestic training centre until it was completely destroyed in a fire in 1958.